This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you. To learn more, visit my Disclaimer.
First, I want to give the biggest thank you that I possibly can to Annie Cole! Being a new blogger means that so many opportunities seem like they are so very far away. I was so sure that though I tried, an award nomination wouldn’t come for a long time (if at all). So, Annie, you have no idea how much this nomination means to me… thank you from the bottom of my heart! I know that we haven’t known each other long, but I already love your blog and you are such a sweet person! Everyone that reads this should definitely go check out her blog at colescross.com , you will love it!
As for my favorite blog that isn’t my own…. That is such a difficult question to answer. I follow a ton of blogs that are incredible and they stretch across all niches with all types of people. I would have to say that my favorite blog, that isn’t my own, would have to be Fall For Maine (https://www.fallformaine.com). Tayla is, hands down, an amazing blogger and yes, she’s as nice in person (well, in messages) as she seems in her blogs. The content is wide-ranging and it’s enjoyable and helpful. I love being able to learn more about blogging (which her posts have helped me with a ton!) and then relaxing a bit with posts about home and health. Her personality shines through her posts and the whole site is inviting and kind. One thing is for sure, you will find yourself getting lost in her blog and enjoying every minute of it!
The Liebster Award has been going strong since 2011 and continues to grow every year. This is an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. The goal is to discover new blogs and celebrate small blogs from all over. We all start somewhere and I am so happy to be a part of this award!
My Nominations: (Click the site names listed beside the nominees to access their sites)
- XoBriLeeXo at Mom’s Cafe
- Amy at Amy Griff
- Marni at That Blue Flower
- Kasia at Beauty For The Brain
- Lena at Travelletters
Nominees, read on to the end of this post for your questions and click HERE to access the official rules and guidelines to fully enter to win the Liebster Award. This will take you to the site that is hosting the award and will allow you to see the things you need to do to solidify your nomination (read their post and look at their section on “What To Do If Nominated”). Also, a huge congratulations!
Ten Random Facts About Me:
- I have always wanted to be a writer (author, blogger, anything that would let me write for a living)
- I have also toyed around with the idea of delving into the world of motivational speaking (If you would like to see this happen on my page, let me know in the comments)
- I have a Silver Dapple Dachshund that is the cutest (She’s also one of the sweetest dogs that I’ve ever met)
- I love all things owl related (pictures, knick-knacks, paintings, salt and pepper shakers, etc…)
- I love it when people tell me that I have helped them (it makes me feel like I’m doing the right things in my life)
- I got married to my amazing husband at 19 years old (for all the people about to look horrified, no I wasn’t knocked up and I most certainly did not have a bad home life) (My family is the best ever – my side and his)
- I love fashion, but I am a bit fashion challenged (I try very hard to be fashionable, but I think that I struggle to put fashionable outfits together)
- I am a new lover of makeup (I have never worn it much until recently and now I can’t get enough of makeup tutorials and new products to try… my weakness is matte foundation, beautiful eye shadow palettes, and liquid lipsticks)
- I have a really bad shoe and sock addiction (I love all kinds of shoes except for flats and I buy more socks than any one person could ever need)
- I LOVE coffee (The more coffee the better; all kinds are delicious but my favorites are between French Roast and Colombian Roast)
My Questions From Annie:
- What made you start a blog? I feel like God was urging me to start a blog and I took a leap of faith and started on my crazy blogging journey. You can read my Why I Blog post by clicking here.
- Where do you usually write your posts? I normally write my posts from the comfort of my couch, but I always carry a notebook with me just in case I need it while I’m out and about. Normally inspiration will hit from watching my husband and my puppy play, or from watching life happen around me. When the “creative juices” start flowing and I have to write them down wherever I am.
- How do you come up with post ideas? Honestly, I don’t sit around and dream up my post ideas. I typically don’t have anything to post until the day before I’m supposed to (I know it seems horrible). The thing is, I have a lot that I want to talk about, but despite what I plan on writing all week, I normally end up getting a last minute idea that I feel the need to write and the need to post.
- How long does it usually take you to hit publish on a post? Not too long, actually. I do all of my proofreading and editing in a Google Doc, create my graphic, and then transfer everything and do last minute things in my WordPress dashboard. (takes about 1-2 hours)
- What do you look for on other blogs that makes you want to subscribe to them? I look for blogs that I can relate to. If there is a common ground and I enjoy their writing style, I’ll subscribe every time.
- What do you notice first about a blog? The first thing that I notice about a blog is the layout and the color scheme. I’m a sucker for easy navigation, beautiful colors, and clean lines.
- As a blogger, do you think pop ups on blogs are annoying? I think that pop ups get annoying when there are too many. A subscription pop up and maybe one or two add pop ups aren’t too many in my opinion.
- What is your favorite social media? This is such a difficult question… My heart is torn between three because I get more interaction and views from Facebook and Pinterest, but I enjoy using Instagram because it lets me connect to my followers a little more.
- Do you take your own pictures for your blog? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I want to move more into taking my own pictures, but (for the most part) lately I have been using pictures that I haven’t taken personally.
- How did you earn your first dollar blogging? I actually haven’t earned any money from blogging yet. I am hoping to start more my monetization process soon, but whatever I promote on my blog will be things that I stand behind.
- Which one of my posts is your favorite? My favorite post of yours is your How To Make A Cute Country Christmas Wreath post. I love all things DIY and all things Country Chic. Your instructions are easy to understand and I’m thinking about making on of these for next year. To see Annie’s Cute Country Christmas Wreath post, click here.
Questions For My Nominees:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What do you think sets you apart from other bloggers?
- Do you have any pets? How many/ What kind?
- Who is your inspiration in life?
- If you could be a superhero, which superhero would you be?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Do you feel like you are happy with your blogging experience so far?
- What is your biggest blogging goal for 2018?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Congratulations to all small blogs for putting yourself out there and letting the world hear what you have to say! Good luck on your crazy blogging journey!